BICOM, the Britain Israel Communications & Research Centre, is an independent research centre producing research and analysis about Israel and the Middle East. Our overall aim is to improve understanding of Israel and the many issues facing the countries of the Middle East and the region. We believe in the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security and the right of the Palestinians to an independent state brought about though a negotiated agreement. We support a close relationship between Britain and Israel, based on shared values and interests.
BICOM pursues its objectives through a range of activities including:
- Providing a daily, expert news summary and analysis of events in Israel and the region.
- Taking British journalists to Israel and the Palestinian territories to learn about the issues first-hand.
- Producing original research briefings, strategic assessments and reports
- Bringing analysts, journalists and politicians from the region to Britain, to share their insights with their British counterparts.
- Organising conferences, events and seminars in the UK
BICOM is funded through private UK philanthropy.